Collection of data
Registration for an account on this site requires a valid e-mail address, a user name that has not been chosen already, your full name, city, postal code/zip code and date of birth. You are not required to provide any other information if you do not want to. Please be aware that the user name you choose, the e-mail address you provide and any other information you enter may render you personally identifiable, and may possibly be displayed on this web site intentionally (depending on choices you make in your account’s privacy settings) or unintentionally (subsequent to a successful act of intrusion by a third party). As on many web sites, the site editor may also automatically receive general information that is contained in server log files, such as your IP address, and cookie information.
Use of data
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website, which is to enable users to discover and share information with one another. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. We collect the following types of information from our MediaWire users:
Information You Provide to Us
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
- Registration:In order for you to use MediaWire services, such as uploading, archiving sharing, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information (including your full name, city, state/province and e-mail address).
- User Profile:To allow you to express yourself beyond just the information collected during registration; we enable you to provide additional information, such as a bio. In addition, you may choose to include a photo of yourself in your profile. As indicated below, in the section titled “Sharing Your Information”, you can control how your information is displayed and used.
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. MediaWire and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, MediaWire cookie information, and the page you requested. MediaWire uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
- MediaWire may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
- companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While MediaWire will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. MediaWire cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
You must be 13 years and older to register to use the MediaWire website. As a result, MediaWire does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that MediaWire has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 13 and 18 ask and receive their parents’ permission before using MediaWire or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
Editing or deleting your account information
You are provided with the ability to edit the information stored for your user account information during registration, by visiting ‘my account’ from the top of any page. You can request that your user account be removed by emailing email@example.com
Changes may be made to this policy from time to time. You will be notified of substantial changes to this policy either by through the posting of a prominent announcement on the site, and/or by a mail message sent to the e-mail address you have provided, which is stored within your user settings.
Conditions of Use
If you have any questions about this policy or about this web site, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org