ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
Services are available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old, whether acting on their own behalf or as an authorized employee or representative of a corporation or other business entity. If you do not so qualify, do not attempt to register for or use the Services.
Cancellation Policy. The MediaWire contract may be cancelled with a 30 day written notice; any unused licenses may be credited. The amount credited will be calculated based on the MediaWire rate card and will be adjusted for any volume discounts received by the client.
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to use the Services:
- to abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other MediaWire users or MediaWire staff;
- to post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any Content that is infringing, libelouslibellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party;
- for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. If you are an international user, you agree to comply with all local Canadian laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content;
- to post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any MediaWire user;
- to create or submit unwanted email (”Spam”) to any other MediaWire users or any URL;
- to violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws);
- to submit stories or comments linking to affiliate programs, multi-level marketing schemes, sites/blogs repurposing existing stories (source hops), or off-topic content;
- with the exception of accessing RSS feeds, you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site; or (iii) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site;
- with the intention of artificially inflating or altering the ‘MediaWire count’, blog count, comments, or any other MediaWire service, including by way of creating separate user accounts for the purpose of artificially altering MediaWire’ services; giving or receiving money or other remuneration in exchange for votes; or participating in any other organized effort that in any way artificially alters the results of MediaWire’ services;
- to advertise to, or solicit, any user to buy or sell any products or services. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent;
- attempt to impersonate another user or person;
- sell or otherwise transfer your profile.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the Site. MediaWire reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users.
CONTENT SUBMITTED OR MADE AVAILABLE FOR INCLUSION ON THE SERVICE
By uploading, submitting or otherwise disclosing or distributing Content for display or inclusion on the Site, you represent and warrant that either:
- you created the Content
- you own the rights to the Content
- you are authorized to upload the Content by the copyright owner
Refunds may be grated provided the customer in good faith has demonstrated that the service is either not functional or inaccessible for a measurable period of time. Partial refunds may be granted provided the client can prove such outages did occur. Refunds will only be granted on the current months service.
You acknowledge that MediaWire has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Site or use the Services; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release MediaWire from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Site or the Services. The Site or Services may contain, or direct you to sites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. MediaWire makes no representations concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Site or Services, and MediaWire will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Site or the Services. THE SERVICE, CONTENT, AND SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
The Services may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because MediaWire has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that MediaWire is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that MediaWire shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL MEDIAWIRE OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY (I) WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, THE SERVICE OR ANY CONTENT FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING), OR (II) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) $100. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.